Water Heater Maintenance in Minneapolis
Call Hero Today for Service in the Twin Cities
Savvy homeowners know that regular maintenance can payoff in big savings by preventing little problems from growing in to large expensive problems. However, many people neglect maintenance and tuneup for their home’s hot water heater and over time, this could negatively impact the performance and safety features on tank style water heaters. Ignoring this will cost more for operation and compromises the safety features built in to your water heater.
Water Heater Performance Issues Are Caused by Sediment and Rust Buildup
- Water sediment builds on tank bottom over time
- As anode rod wears, rust accumulates
- 1/2 inch of sediment requires 70% more heating energy
- Pressure and corrosion can cause leaking
- Can initiate overheating
- Triggers aggravating noise
- Allows bacteria to grow
- Produces foul odor
Regular maintenance reduces the accumulation of rust and sediment. You can extend the life of your water heater with regular maintenance and inspection. We drain the tank to reduce sediment and rust buildup.
Need water heater Maintenance in the
Twin Cities?(612) 324-1004Call to schedule same day service
Water Heater Safety – Improperly Installed and Serviced Water Heaters Can Literally Blow Up!
Regular maintenance ensures your water heaters safety mechanisms are functioning correctly and protecting your home and family. Nearly every day someone is injured by a flammable vapor explosion from the burner on a water heater igniting material too close to the flame source. Faulty hot water heaters can also emit carbon monoxide which is dangerous or deadly to people in your home. Also the contents of your tank style water heater is under pressure. If the safety valve that reduces interior tank pressure fails at the wrong time your water can literally explode with enough force to blow through walls for floors. Another safety issues is the integrity of the tank itself, rust can cause small leaks that eventually break open and can flood your home with gallons of damaging water.
- Safety is our primary concern when we perform a water heater tuneup or installation:
- We inspect the flues that are not undersized or deteriorating due to corrosion
- We insure equipment has proper clearances for combustibles and fresh air intakes
- We inspect to make sure your installation meets local building codes
- We inspect the operation of your tanks pressure release valve
- We inspect your tank to detect early signs of leakage and tank failure
Contact us to schedule your water heater tune-up service in the Twin Cities area.