Trusted Since 1914
HVAC Install Quality Control Technician Job Details Near Bloomington, Minnesota
At Hero our Install Quality Control Technician’s primary goal is fine tune and clean up any new heating and cooling equipment installations that don’t meet customer or company expectations. Our Install Quality Control Technician’s always complete the job the first time, to the highest standard in order to achieve the goals for the department. This individual will meet or exceed customer’s expectations, develop trainings, and ensure a world class customer experience by displaying amazing craftsmanship, industry knowledge, and teamwork.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to be competent in or excel in all areas outlined for this position, meeting or surpassing set goals and expectations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Complete the Minneapolis & St. Paul Competency Card Program to become certified in Warm Air, Gas, Refrigeration, and Hot water & steam
- Be able to work alone as well as with other IQCT to make any and all necessary changes to finish/finalize all types installations
- Complete HVAC installations to ensure they are 100% accurate and done in a timely manner while maintaining meticulous craftsmanship
- Provide world class service and deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
- Do onsite training with Lead and Apprentice Installers and help them develop to become Masters at what they do
- Adhere to Hero safety standards while driving and on jobsites
- Adhere to Hero driving policy
- Handle customer concerns when on jobsite and escalate to install manager when appropriate
- Maintain a clean company vehicle while also scheduling all regular required maintenance
- May be required to run service or maintenance calls due to capacity needs
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Provide Lead and Apprentice installers with feedback on all preventable callbacks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates Hero’s core values at a high level (T.R.U.E.)
- Demonstrates a high ability in multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and problem solving so that all types of HVAC installations will need no more attention then scheduled maintenance moving forward
- Knowledgeable on current processes, procedures and any other necessary information
- Able to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely with other team members, management, and customers via phone and email
- Adheres to the dress code, and arrives on time and prepared to work before the scheduled start time for your shift
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment
- Ability to not only solve any installation error that may occur, but also be able to give constructive feedback and training to help reduce future callbacks.
- 7am – 4pm, end times vary based on completion of work and business needs
- Must be flexible in working extended hours including evenings (This position does not require on call hours but is expected to be available by phone for support questions)
- Overtime is offered by management when available, and may at times be required
Pay & Incentives:
- 35-45 hours per week at the hourly pay as negotiated upon hire
- Pay increases are given based upon our Hero’s Performance Levels, not based on time employed with company
- Incentives will be based off a rolling 6-month schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.