Minneapolis Boiler Repair
Providing Exceptional Twin Cities Boiler Repairs Since 1914
If your home is heated with a boiler, you might eventually run into problems with your unit. Homeowners throughout the Twin Cities tend to use their heating systems quite frequently during cold, Midwestern winters. Because of this, breakdowns are fairly likely to occur. Luckily, Hero Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers comprehensive boiler repairs in Minneapolis and throughout the surrounding areas. If your boiler isn’t working as efficiently as it used to or it won’t turn on at all, contact our team of home service heroes today! We have more than a century of industry experience and we are committed to keeping you comfortable and cozy all winter long!
Need boiler repair in Twin Cities?(612) 324-1004Call to schedule same day service
Common Boiler Problems
While furnaces use heated air to warm homes, boilers rely on heated water and the transfer of hot water or steam to effectively keep your whole house comfortable during the colder months. These are complex systems that, when working correctly, can be incredibly efficient. However, when something goes wrong, it can quickly leave you feeling chilly and miserable.
Some of the most common boiler problems include:
- Lack of hot water
- Dripping or leaking
- Banging, gurgling, or whistling noises
- Unlit pilot light
- Pressure loss
- Cool radiators
- Frozen condensate pipe
- Problems with the thermostat
- Boiler switches on and off
Our team is adept at determining the cause of your boiler issue. We have the tools, training, and expertise to quickly and efficiently address an array of boiler problems, providing you with reliable boiler repairs in Minneapolis and beyond.
Is Your Steam Boiler Leaking?
In the Twin Cities, we are blessed to have such charming old homes fill our neighborhoods. Not only do they provide us with a sense of aesthetic beauty, they really define our area. But with older homes often comes heating and plumbing problems that can be a headache for homeowners. If your older Twin Cities home not getting warm enough to meet your needs, there might be a leak in your steam boiler.
Here's how to tell if your steam boiler is leaking and how you can locate the source of the problem:
- First, you’ll want to set the thermostat at a high temperature so that the boiler kicks on. Leave it at that temperature for a while to make sure it doesn’t turn off. Then inspect the floor and the area surrounding the boiler. If there is a leak, you should be able to notice water.
- Be sure to check all of the connected pipes and the main vent of the system. The joints where pipes are connected are common sources of leaks.
- Still nothing? It might be your radiator that’s leaking and not the boiler itself. Look for signs of water on the floors near your radiators and at the connection where the pipe meets the radiator.
If you’re still having trouble, you should call in a professional - that’s where we come in! We’ll be glad to help find the cause of the leak and put an end to the problem right away.
Contact Hero Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Today
When you need affordable heating services that last, reach out to Hero Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. We have a long history of serving the local community, providing outstanding workmanship and truly unmatched customer service. If you’re currently experiencing problems with your boiler, call our team for fast boiler repairs in Minneapolis or throughout the Twin Cities. We stand behind all our work with written warranties and our customer satisfaction guarantee.