Without proper ventilation and adequate indoor air filtration, toxic mold can build up in your home especially during the winter months. Since it’s too cold to open up windows to allow fresh air in and lots of homeowners run a humidifier to keep the air moist, it creates a favorable environment for the bad stuff. So if you’ve noticed mold around your home lately, here’s how you can remove it safely:
Why Is Mold Harmful?
Mold is the common name for fungus that grows both indoors and out especially in humid environments. It can contaminate
system. In addition, mold can cause sneezing, coughing, throat irritation and headaches. the air and have harmful effects on your respiratory
How To Remove Mold
Decrease moisture levels inside your home. Run a dehumidifier and/or exhaust fans in areas of the home that are prone to excess humidity.
Remove drywall, wallpaper, carpets or any other areas of your home that have been affected by a leak.
Wash cleanable surfaces with dish soap and hot water.
Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to clean up dust and debris around the home.
Use small amounts of bleach or other disinfectant in severely moldy areas. Always dilute the mixture with water and open windows and doors for ventilation.
Enjoy on-time plumbing, heating and air conditioning repairs and new systems across Twin Cities – St. Paul areas with the professionals at Uptown Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Call us today at (612) 324-1004 to learn more about our services!