It’s time to take a little break for your busy life and spend some quality time with the family. After all, there are tons of free and inexpensive events taking place all across our wonderful cities that the whole family will enjoy. See below for a few recommendations and see how many you can cross off the list:
- Walker Art Center: take a peek at the exhibits as you make your way through this wonderful art center. Take advantage of First Free Saturdays and every Thursday!
- Minneapolis Institute of Art: it’s free and open to the public every day!
- Guthrie Theater: if exploring is in the cards, this is the place to be. Also be sure to stop and look at the river and St. Anthony Falls from the Endless Bridge.
- Mall of America: whether you’re in the market for a new pair of jeans, a fresh pair of sneakers or simply want to do some people watching – spend some time inside the Mall of America.
- Mill District: the weather will be warming up in just a few short weeks and that means it’s time to break out the bicycles. Take a ride through the historic birthplace to Minneapolis.
- Wilde Roast Cafe: there’s nothing like sharing some deliciously creamy gelato with the family and Wilde Roast does not disappoint.
- Brewery Tour: if the kids are old enough, take a tour of some local breweries. There’s nothing like some family bonding over a few cold beers.
- Minnehaha Falls: plan an action-packed day hiking near Minnehaha Falls and Creek and don’t forget to stop and see the song of Hiawatha statue on your way!
- North Loop: there are plenty of gorgeous boutiques in one of the hottest neighborhoods in the country. Spend an afternoon in North Loop.
- Parks: did you know Minneapolis has 197 parks and has been ranked the number one park system in the country for three years? You could spend the next couple of years visiting a different park every weekend!
Looking for more fun and exciting events and things to do in the Twin Cities? Follow us on Facebook for updates!